Strony

Thursday 27 August 2015

My First Jo Malone Experience

Do you know what today is? Today is the most glorious day of the month. Today is pay day!

I decided I wanted to splurge on something a little bit special as it's my first paycheck from my new job. I've been toying with purchasing a Jo Malone product for a while now. At first I wanted a candle but I figured I'd only ever get the benefit from it now and then. I spend most nights at my boyfriend's house and whenever I'm home I'm usually so tired I cannot be bothered to light candles.

I finally decided I wanted a perfume, a signature scent if you will. I've never really bought a premium perfume usually settling for cheaper brands like DKNY. Now that I'm a grown up lady I figure it's time to invest in my smell. (OK that sounds a lot grosser than I intended.)



When I first entered the shop I immediately went over to try the Lime, Basil and Mandrian cologne. I love citrus scents and thought I would really like it. But it just wasn't for me. I don't really know why I imagined it would be more fruity and light but it was quite overpowering.

At this stage I must have looked quite confused as a lovely lady (I think her name was Ann) approached me and asked if I needed any help. I explained why I was there and told her a few perfumes I like and what sort of smell I was looking for.

She explained the colognes are divided into six categories; Citrus, Fruity, Light Floral, Floral, Spicy and Woody. I immediately disregarded Spicy and  Floral, they just didn't seem like my kind of thing. I wasn't too sure about Woody as I imagined they'd be quite masculine scents.

Ann was very patient and let me try all the citrus ones but nope nothing stood out. I then tried Fruity and quite liked the Nectarine Blossom and Honey but it didn't really wow me.

Basically I tried so many, my nose was completely overwhelmed. And then the magic happened. Ann sneaked in a scent I'd previously dismissed and I adored it.





Ann applied the corresponding hand cream and sprayed the perfume on top. She advised I took half an hour to try it out and let it settle. If I still liked it I could back.

I immediately took myself off to get something to eat, but we won't get into that!

So, I hear you all asking, what did I decide?!


I went for Wood Sage and Sea Salt one of the Woody scents which I had dismissed at first. Yes when I first smelt it I thought it was a bit too like aftershave. But I can't describe it, there was just something that kept drawing me back. Once it has settled it had a really soft and feminine undertone. I just love it.

Anne very kindly threw in some samples which I'm very much looking forward to trying.


Now a large bottle cost £85 which is quite pricey but I think I'll get so much wear out of it. I imagine that everyone I meet will gasp and exclaim 'What a delightful perfume you're wearing'

Overall I was so impressed by the customer service I received in store, the assistants were all lovely and every customer had someone helping them out.

I'm not going to buy a new Jo Malone product every week but for special occasions and treat yo' self days I would highly recommend it.

What's your favourite Jo Malone scent? Is there any products I should consider in the future? Let me know in the comments.

Love

Sho xx

1 comment :

  1. I live in the US, so I doubt there's much of a way for me to experience Jo Malone, but they sound amazing! There's nothing like having a signature scent. If I'm ever back in the UK, I will definitely need to check them out.

    I also wanted to pop by and let you know that you've been nominated for a Liebster award! You can get the details on my blog. You don't have to participate if you don't want to :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Sho On The Go

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi