Strony

Monday 17 August 2015

The Professional Choice: Barry M Nail Varnish Haul

Do four nail varnishes count as a haul? I'm going to say yes, I figure anything more than two is a haul.

I started my new job on Monday and the training centre is based in the city centre. Which means I am too close to all the shops. I decided to take a little stroll into Boots on the way home, just to look. But I ended up getting a couple of bits and bobs. I really wanted to get some new nail varnishes. I felt all my nail varnishes were too bright or dark, no in between. And as my new job is office based I wanted some subtle, classy colours. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I rocked a hot pink nail but I want to present the image of a young, professional woman. Also I just needed an excuse to buy stuff.









Now I will be the first to admit Almond and Pit Stop appear very similar but Pit Stop is more of grey and Almond is definitely a nude. A subtle but distinct difference I'm sure you'll agree.

I bought a few new outfits for the job ( don't worry there will most defintely be outfit posts involoving these) and surprisingly got a lot of navy items. I never wear navy but clearly the professional Shona decided this was a great colour. The Blackberry shade is probably my favourite, one coat and it is vibrant with a good colour.

Finally I decided that since summer (if you can even call it that) is almost over and I fancied a wee bronze for autumn. It's difficult to really what the Caspian shade is like from the bottle, but it is more of a metallic gold. Nice, but not quite what I wanted.

Now I apologise. I attempted to swatch these on my finger nails but it was a disaster. Nail varnish everywhere, nail varnish remover over the sofa and tears on my pillow.  I biet my nails so they'll never look great but hopefully I shall be getting acrylics done soon and I shall swatch away to my heart content.

On a completely unrelated note I have ordered a camera tripod off Amazon that should be arriving soon. There will most definitely be an overabundance of OOTD post so prepare yourselves.

Love
Sho xx


No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Sho On The Go

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi